Welcome to our easy, convenient and secure online initial booking and enrollment page.
This form is to be used to commence the initial enrollment in the Coxswain NC2 Training Course
Payment to complete the course is made in 2 stages:
STAGE 1 - Initial Pre Study enrollment Payment: $990.00.
On receipt of the initial enrollment form and payment we will contact you by email to confirm your enrollment, provide you with access to download training material and access to our online assignment material and activities which we have developed. This component is in a flexible delivery mode, with the pre study activities ideally being completed 2 weeks prior to the practical course dates, therefore our no refund policy applies to the initial enrollment fee. We can be contacted 7 days a week to assist you in your studies. This stage can be undertaken in your own time and at your own pace.
There is no need to attend any class sessions at this stage.
STAGE 2 - Final Practical 2 Day Session Payment: $990.00 for NC2
NOTE: If you pay the final practical session enrollment payment within 24 hours of paying the initial pre study enrollment payment then you will be offered a discount of $225.00 for NC2. We will send you an email on how to take advantage of this discount.
We offer a considerable pre payment discount and therefore this is also subject to our no refund policy however you can change course dates up to 3 times without any penalty provided notification is received at least 2 weeks prior to the practical course date.
If you wish to pay by installments you can make the final payment at anytime but it must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the practical session which is conducted at our training vessel.
Confirmation is not given in any course until all course fees are paid and all online pre study activities are completed at least 2 weeks prior to a practical session course date.
During Stage 2 you will put into practice the following skills:
- Berthing and anchoring the Vessel
- Manoeuvring a vessel
- Understand the Buoyage System
- Perform knots, hitches and splices
- Correctly operate Marine Radios
- Understand the Collision Regulations including Lights, Shapes and Sound Signals
- Knowledge of Domestic Boating Rules
- Fight and Extinguish Fires
- Environmental Regulations, Fuel spill prevention and response
- Knowledge of Inboard and Outboard Marine Engines
- Knowledge of Engine Start Up & Shut Down procedures
- Knowledge of Low Voltage Electrical systems
On successful completion of the Coxswain NC2 course you will be issued with your course completion Certificate and Transcript and an AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) Mandated Practical Assessment (AMPA) document. PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT charge extra fees for the AMPA. It is included in course fees.
You then submit your application to AMSA using AMSA Form 426. You will also need to satisfy medical and eyesight Form 542 requirements as well as submitting a record of sea service (boating experience) on AMSA Form 771.
- We will provide FREE additional training for you to obtain a NSW Maritime Boat Licence to the value of $255.00 if you do not already possess a Boat Licence
- We include all training material and resources FREE of charge to all Coxswain candidates
Location: Practical 2 day course sessions are held in Newcastle monthly - Please remember 90% of our course can be completed online. Contact us if you wish to complete the Fire and Survival sessions in another State.
- A current 1st Aid Certificate is required. You can obtain this from a provider of your choice for between $120.00 and $150.00. We recommend that you obtain a 1st Aid Certificate prior to completing Stage 2.
- Coxswain NC2 and NC1, as well as Recreational boat operators, also need to obtain a Marine Radio licence from the Office of Maritime Communications to operate marine radio equipment. Cost is $288.00 which includes the current examination papers fee of $89.00. Click here to enroll in the Marine Radio Licence Course.
To proceed to initial enrollment and to pay the amount of $990.00 please complete the details below:
Method of payment:
We accept direct bank deposit or secure payment through PayPal with Visa-Mastercard.(See below)