Please read each question carefully. There are 50 questions in this section that you are required to answer. Total Marks = 160. A Pass requires 128 (80%) correct marks.
YOU SHOULD ATTEMPT TO ANSWER EACH QUESTION.
This challenge test has a time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes applied to it.
When completing the challenge test do not refer to any study material. The clock is ticking and if you stop to refer to any material you will run out of time and the challenge test will be void.
The questions are random so just start at #1 and work your way down.
The challenge test covers the following topics:
- Vessel survey certificates and categories
- Vessel Safety equipment
- International & Domestic Regulations
- Distress signals
- Vessel stability
- Weather and Tidal knowledge
- Vessel SMS and VOM's
- Marine Radio operation
- Vessel manoeuvring, anchoring and seamanship
- Engine start up and shut down procedures
- Knowledge of Fuel, Cooling, Bilge and Battery systems